So, once Stephen got back from IFS, things were a bit crazy! I have been living here in Del Rio for over 3 months, have my routine, park in the same spot for church each Sunday, watch my certain shows at night, and just do my own thing. Once he came back, he was trying to change all my routines as if nothing had happened, as if I weren't already established in my home!
But within a week, they have more or less hit "normal." We both go to work at the same time each day, we take our lunch at the same time, Stephen gets home about 45 minutes before me, and then we share our evenings. For lunch, we normally eat our sandwiches at a park that's between Del Rio and Laughlin. It's a cute little place, with the occasional drug deals, but hey, this is the Mexican border, what can we expect? It's really nice to meet up halfway through the day, sit outside on a park bench and just talk, watching the stream, and other picnic-goers. I love that quality time we get to spend together!
At home for the evenings, we started getting super fancy with our dinners. "Chef" Stephen loves to cook and wants to try all sorts of crazy stuff! Most of it has been good! It's crazy to think of what a normal dinner growing up with a single dad included, and now when I try to eat that food....well, let's just say my palate has improved. I had no idea how gross canned beef stew is until I tried to have it one night when Stephen was gone to IFS!
Besides all of our fancy dinners, we're also watching a series we got hooked on while on our honeymoon: Burn Notice. We both really like the action and the spy-ness. I love Fiona, she is my role model! I want to be like her! :)
Once we had been together for a month with this pretty constant routine, we started to feel that we needed to spice up our life and add something new..... see our next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment