I got to bed the night before around 1am after a pretty mild bachelor party (Brazillian steakhouse where the wait-staff sang me an embarrassing birthday/wedding song, and then some O'doulls non-alcoholic beers back in the hotel room (they get nastier the more you drink, btw)).
Then the next morning began around 6. I got all dressed up in my suit and tie and got everything ready, packed up the things that I would need for the day, or at least everything I could think of that I'd need for the day, and then I, along with my dad and Rhonda, headed to our friends' house where we had our wedding breakfast with the "wedding party". It was a lot of fun and it was fun to get to know some of Jessie's friends better, etc. I was super nervous, but I was trying to not to show it. It was crazy to think that after an almost year and a half engagement that we'd finally be married.
From there we went to the temple. It was such a gorgeous, perfect day outside. We went in and signed the documents and made everything official and had the small, simple ceremony where we were married not just for time, but also for all eternity. It was amazing to kiss my now wife across the alter and know that we had done things right.
I got changed into my uniform and as I waited, and waited, and waited, but seriously, I just couldn't stop smiling. Jessie finally came out in her wedding gown and we went outside to see our friends and to do pictures. It was great to be there with everyone.

After that we made our way down to the reception site in American Fork. The weather was perfect and the amphitheater was gorgeous. Our friends and family who helped set everything up did an amazing job. We did the sabre arch, cut the cake, enjoyed our first dance, had some toasts, etc. All the usual stuff. But what the movies don't show you is that the bride and groom each meet about a million new people and because they're constantly floating around saying hi to everyone they never sit down. Well, such is life. Around 8 o'clock we were wished farewell and left for the honeymoon.
We had a nice relaxing drive down to the Hine's Mansion B&B where we stayed, which by the way is a very nice B&B and I'd definitely recommend it, and enjoyed the beginning of our honeymoon together. I'd explain more, but it's not that kind of blog. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment