I honestly don’t remember much of what happened between Stephen’s graduation and the wedding. It’s all just a blur of events and activities. The day after Stephen’s graduation, we packed up the truck and headed to Utah for our wedding. We went the Colorado way so we could stop in and say hi to my mom for lunch and figure out some of the reception food stuff. Oh, and it was snowing in the mountains. It was nice to see the snow one last time. We made it to Utah, had dinner with Jim and Rhonda and then we went our separate ways. I know that by now I was getting pretty nervous!
The day before the big day, was one of hurrying up and doing last minute things to get 100% ready. I did my nails and practiced doing my hair. I don’t know what else happened that day…I know my family from Oregon came down and we got them at the airport. My Grandma Kitty, Joni and Greg, Cory, and Bruce all came out. It was a lot more than I was expecting! We went and set up the amphitheater the best we could before the wedding. Stephen and I were also going to do our first pictures together. His first time seeing me in my dress. I just remember how happy I was and nervous! I hoped he would like it! And he did! It turned out wonderful! I’m so glad that we were able to capture this moment together and really enjoy it. It was nice to run around and get pictures together before adding the stress of the reception and the overall anxiety of the wedding day.My family and I then headed up to Brigham City. We had Applebee’s for dinner. Nerves were settling in, so I didn’t eat a lot, but it was nice to be with all of my family and enjoy that time together. We got to the hotel and settled in for the night. Stephen had to drop off some of my stuff after his bachelor party, as he had taken the truck before I got my bag out! I was just a little ticked off since I was waiting up for him. I got everything ready that I could for the next morning and went to sleep next to my sister.
I had some pretty crazy dreams that night. I ended up waking up pretty early and really took my time getting ready. I still had quite a bit of extra time before heading over to get my hair done. It was a hard step to take, as this was the start of our super busy and wonderful day! While getting my hair done, I was able to maintain calm and talked excitedly about how Stephen and I met and our honeymoon plans. She finished my hair and I LOVED it! I was kinda worried, but she did a great job! I went back to the hotel and everybody was almost ready.
We then headed to the Ferry’s ranch for breakfast with both of our families and friends. My nerves were super setting in. The hunger feelings were being quickly replaced with terrible butterflies. Adriana was there and she did my makeup AMAZINGLY!!! I was so happy and pleased with it! When I finally got downstairs for breakfast, I was definitely not hungry anymore. I picked at some fruit but mostly just tried to not puke. Stephen looked about as bad as I felt. For whatever reason, even though I was sitting by him, I didn't really want to look at him; I think it just made me feel more nervous! And not too long after I had made my way downstairs, it was time to say goodbye and head to the temple. I was nervous all the way up until I saw the temple down Main Street between all of the peach trees that line the way.
We pulled up, grabbed my dress and met up with Stephen and his family and headed in. The ceremony was beautiful. It was amazing being surrounded by our closest friends and family, and kneeling across the alter and being sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend and the love of my life. Love filled that small room, I am so grateful for each person who was able to attend. They have all played a very important part of my life or in my husband’s life and we wouldn’t have gotten where we are without them. It was very touching to look up at my dad and see his eyes brimming with tears of joy as he helped marry off his first and oldest daughter. The only thing I remember the sealer telling us, from all the advice and wisdom he said, is to remember the love we felt.
Lynette helped me get changed into my wedding dress and helped do the finishing touches on my hair. We walked out of the dressing room and met up with Stephen and headed outside to meet our friends and family and be welcomed as the newest Mr. and Mrs. Henderson! Picture after picture, my cheeks hurt so bad from all the smiling, but I just couldn’t stop! I was so happy! I was really glad to have all of my family there with me. Once pictures were done, we got changed into church clothes again and then headed down to American Fork. Wow! It was so crazy to sit next to my husband! We were now absolutely starving and went to Taco Bell for lunch, great first meal together! When we finally got to the amphitheater, it was mostly set up and looked great! I hurried and got changed again and met the photographer for more pictures.
The reception is somewhat of a blur as well. The cake topper fell off the wedding cake within the first 5 minutes of it being put on there, but with some quick fixes, we had a new cake toper and it looked absolutely amazing! We did the saber arch and I got smacked in the butt by Fred’s sabre as my welcome to the Air Force. Our first dance went really well also; we had our best lift ever! Then all I remember is talking to pretty much everyone who I saw, and running away every once in a while for more pictures with the setting sun, etc. Whew! I didn’t think we’d be standing up the WHOLE time! I did grab some food and sat down with Dani and her husband, and Emily and Kayla for like 2 minutes before being whisked away again. I really wish I would’ve had more time to talk with everyone there. I was so glad that everybody came! We found the garter and did that whole thing, bouquet toss, my Dad and Jim said some dad words, daddy-daughter dance, Fred and Evan said some friend words and funny stories. We danced, and I’m sure other things happened as well!Then, the time came, the last dance before we head off to start our life together. I was still having fun and wanting to talk with everyone! Stephen pretty much had to drag me out! Ok, I’ll admit, I was nervous for our first night! After having been dating for 2 years, we had our well-established boundaries of no physical-ness and now all that was changed! We walked out of the amphitheater to the walkway lined with people blowing bubbles! It was fun! We got into the truck and then headed for the top of the amphitheater where Rhonda had a plate of food waiting for us! Then we were off to our Bed and Breakfast hotel for a relaxing night after a super busy and emotional day!
I am so grateful for all of our friends and family who were able to be there and make our special day so amazing! I’m so happy to be married to my one true love and share our life together! I love you Stephen!

No comments:
Post a Comment