A chaotic week
The end of May was swamped with activities, ceremonies, and family fun. We were busy with finishing up all of our Senior projects, tests, and in general tying up the last ends of our college chapters. During finals week in the middle of the month, Tasha asked Stephen and I to drop her off at the MTC for her mission to Tampa, Florida. She reported Wednesday the 15th.
I had recently found out that I didn’t have to attend any of my classes for that week and I was officially done with school. Stephen finished up his last final that morning and had to hurry and finish some errands. One thing that he had to do that was a must is get his fountain jump in. Joe Truxel joined him in their icy plunge. I had the lovely job of holding all of their stuff they didn’t want wet and to take pictures. It was fun to watch and see how cold it was for them! We quickly piled everything into Tasha’s car and headed off to Utah. We had a great time driving together and hanging out one last time with her.
We got into Salt Lake Area around 10 that night and stayed with Michelle Johnson, probably the most giving lady in the whole world! The next morning we drove all the way up to the Brigham City Temple to take some pictures before heading towards the MTC in Provo. It was nice to see the temple before-hand. They have recently started doing the landscaping, so there is lots of bare ground. We then drove back and went and saw Dot Ashton for a little. We then dropped off Tasha and headed for Tooele. The rest of the trip was very relaxed just lounging around and working on last minute wedding plans.

The next week was my graduation. My dad came out from Utah and my mom also came down to share this occasion with me. I went to Emily’s graduation party and had pizza. Then the next day was graduation. It didn’t really hit me until we were in the car on the way there. That’s when I started getting butterflies. It was weird, I don’t know many people in the school, but luckily they let you sit by whoever you want. So Emily and I were together for the ceremony. I found out that I graduated with the academic honors of Cum Laude. Stephen was only able to be there for about 30 minutes of it and didn’t get to see me walk. When we first were walking onto the floor, Dr. Holder made it a point to shake my hand and congratulate me. He is the department head and he taught one of my classes. Once I had my diploma and was headed back to my seat, he walked up and gave me a hug, which was unexpected. Then Cerian Gibbes also gave Emily and I a hug. It was a happy moment to be graduated!

The next week was Stephen’s week. On Tuesday he received his commission. The ceremony was outside by the class crest wall under the chapel. It was weird being on the other side of everything, being a civilian and not actually belonging there in any other manner besides being Stephen’s fiancé. Once it was his turn, Cyndi and I went and pinned on his rank, 2nd lieutenant. During the quick picture taking time, all of the cadets/2nd lts in his squad were quietly chanting “Kiss her!” and of course he had to succumb to peer pressure and gave me a good one to lots of cheering from the audience. Gosh … boys…..
He graduated the next day at Falcon Stadium. I had to drive the motorcycle since he wanted to ride away from graduation with the motorcycle and a fianceé. I pulled up and some AMTs pulled up behind me and were admiring my bike and saying they wish they would’ve been able to ride theirs. It was like any typical graduation. Long and hot. The graduation speech was actually pretty decent. And then we got to see Stephen walk across the stage and receive his diploma and his first salute.
No comments:
Post a Comment